In his book the Fifth Discipline, Peter Senge addresses five disciplines of a learning organisation. Below, we list these five disciplines:
- Personal Mastery: The ability to do what is important to advance.
- Mental models: The perceptions that you hold of reality.
- Shared vision: Not a vision that is merely a lipservice. But a truly shared notion of where the company is heading.
- Teamlearning: The capacity of learning in a social and productive environment.
- System thinking: Overseeing the complete picture.
Peter Senge is an American systems scientist who is a senior lecturer at the MIT Sloan School of Management, co-faculty at the New England Complex Systems Institute, and the founder of the Society for Organizational Learning.
See more in Dutch at De vijf disciplines van Peter Senge’s lerende organisatie